Looking for a fall treat made with REAL ingredients? Make these delicious grain-free pumpkin brownies that are decadent, chewy, and irresistible!
These brownies are legit the most amazing dessert I’ve ever made…and I’ve made a lot of dessert. Linley and I tested these babies 4 times before getting it JUST right. I based the recipe off of Davida’s Avocado Brownies, but there’s no avocados involved. When I was in Toronto a few months ago (I can’t believe it’s already been a few months since I as in the TO), I had the pleasure of eating her Avo Brownies first hand and huzzzzzah….they were delicious!
These brownies are made with a coconut flour base, making them grain-free. They’re made sans dairy, gluten, and refined-sugar making them paleo-friendly! “Hey mama.”
Gonna throw it out there….yah need the eggs for these babies! I didn’t attempt a vegan variation because most of the liquid from this recipe comes from the eggs. The eggs also help bind everything together and make they “fudgy.”
Eggs = good.
I sweetened the brownies with part maple syrup and part coconut sugar. Maple syrup has been my bestie lately. It screams all things fall. Yerp.
I am looking forward to trying these brownies with a variety of different pureed veggies such as…
- sweet potato
Just kidding about the broccoli. That would be disgusting
- 3 eggs, large
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350F and GENEROUSLY spray a 8×8 inch cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, place wet ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until smooth. Then, add dry ingredients to the same bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and use a spatula to spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minutes.