Starting Off on the Right Foot
No doubt, a healthy breakfast is where it all starts to get you off on the right foot for the day, so if you can get it right you’ll be setting a healthy pace for the rest of your day.
One awesome healthy ingredient that you may not have considered for breakfast is quinoa. This nutritionally dense super food is high in protein, fiber, and healthy complex carbohydrates, everything you need for a morning boost.
These 3 delicious quinoa breakfast recipe are sure to keep your hunger in control & help you carve out your midsection.
To save you on time in the morning it’s best if you’ve already cooked the quinoa ahead of time and can grab it as needed from the fridge.
Healthy Quinoa Breakfast Recipes to Start Your Day
1. Quinoa Egg Scramble – This recipe offers a powerful serving of protein, so if you’re working out hard or just trying to boost your metabolism, give this one a try. Here’s what you need:
- ¼ cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon of skim milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (can substitute with garlic powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Grab a non-stick skillet or frying pan and bring to medium heat. Add in your olive oil and garlic, and cook for about a minute. In a small mixing bowl, whisk your eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside, and add the cup of spinach to the skillet, cooking for only about 30 seconds (until just starting to wilt). Pour the egg and milk mixture into the skillet, and beat the eggs continuously (just like making scrambled eggs). Just before the eggs are cooked through, add your quinoa and mix in lightly. Top off with a little parmesan cheese and serve.