Give the gift of homemade this holiday season and layer up the ingredients for these delicious Cherry Pistachio Energy Balls in a your favorite mason jar!
Another ball recipe from Fit Foodie Finds? Don’t tell me you are disappointed. I know you can’t get enough of my ball jokes on Snapchat.
Pleaseeee tell me you are following FitFoodieFinds. Lin and I posted a hilarious snap of these balls mid photo shoot. We may or may not have referenced Santa’s balls.
Yay for week 2 of DIY Holiday in a Jar!
I thought there was no better thing to do that throw all the ingredients of a yummy holiday flavored ball recipe into a jar and give one to all of the people I adore.
I mean, these are red on the inside and green on the outside.
Those pistachios though.
Just splurge on the dang pistachios already. I know they are an expensive-er nut, but they’re bright green and PERFECT. They do complete the Santa’s balls look. Green + Red…you get my drift?
Yah, I just made a half Christmas tree made from the word BALLS.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, divided in half
- 1 cup tart dried cherries (no sugar added please!)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon water
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Place 1 cup of almonds in a high speed food processor and blend until you’ve created a meal.
- Next, add dried cherries, medjool dates, sea salt, and water into the food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes or until you’ve created a ball of dough.
- Add in ½ cup of pistachio nuts and pulse for 30 – 60 seconds or until the pistachio nuts are chopped and combined with the dough. Remove all contents from the food processor.
- Place the remaining ½ cup of pistachio nuts in the food processor and blend until you’ve created a meal. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll in between your pals to form a ball. Repeat.
- Finally, roll balls in pistachio meal.